Objectives and Programmes
1. To achieve academic excellence
- Banding of P2 to P6 pupils for Chinese Language lessons
- Customised worksheets that cater to pupils’ areas of concerns/focus.
- Structured strengthen and Mother Tongue Support Programme (MTSP)/ABLE Programme for students of various needs.
- Structured and customised programmes to stretch the potential of the higher progress students.
- Enrichment courses.
- Publication of pupils’ work.
- Learning journeys for pupils.
- Reading Programme.
- Subscription to Chinese children magazines.
Design and use effective instructional materials for teaching of CL
2. To arouse pupils' interest in the language through their active participation in department activities
One Day Mother Tongue Camp for Primary 4
The P4 pupils were exposed to various activities related to the Chinese language and culture during the half day camp which was conducted during the first week of the June holidays. P4 Chinese students participated in activities such as kite making, making of mooncakes, storytelling and puppetry.
Mother Tongue Fortnight
Mother Tongue Fortnight is held over two weeks. Every year, P1 to P6 students will have the opportunity to immerse themselves in the use of the Chinese Language Various activities were carried out for the students to be engaged in the Chinese Language and culture.
2020 Chinese Department Activities by Level